Corporate Social Responsibility
The Spur Group is proud to be a diverse and inclusive organization where opinions, expressions and ideas are shared and heard respectfully and thoughtfully. Spur is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in its employment practices. Spur is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, civil union or domestic partnership status, genetic information and/or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation. This includes all employment practices including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, development, promotion and transfer, termination, layoff, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
The Spur Group encourages our employees to be active, socially responsible stewards in our local community who are dedicated to volunteering, fundraising, and providing professional services to nonprofit organizations. We believe in doing the most good we can for nonprofits and charitable organizations with the intent of giving back to our community. It is our goal to empower our employees through continual engagement with organizations they care about and are inspired to partner with.
To do this we serve our community by volunteering time at charitable organizations, organized park cleanups, the donation of monies through silent auction and our Employee Fund, the donation of food, blood, care packages and the donation of business consulting services.
The Spur Group is committed to ensuring the environmental integrity of our processes and facilities. We employ management systems and procedures designed to minimize the use of hazardous materials, energy and other natural resources, to minimize the generation of waste, and to enable recycling, composting and the reuse of materials. We are committed to responsible environmental management by promoting environmental responsibility among our employees and we will continually seek opportunities to improve our environmental performance.
Our employees are encouraged to do their part to reduce consumption of water and power and the creation of waste and emissions every day by:
- Using e-mail to exchange documents and post business announcements, avoiding the use of paper
- Printing and photocopying on both sides of a sheet of paper whenever possible
- Share magazines, periodicals, trade publications, and newspapers
- Reduce unnecessary mailings
- Re-use all copy paper printed on one side from fax machines, copiers, and printers
- Recycling and composting is available and encouraged to reduce unnecessary waste
- Recycling bins are distributed throughout office to encourage convenient employee recycling
- Shred-It bins are available in office for data sensitive documents that are then recycled securely
- Excess food from catering events is donated to the charitable organizations to avoid food waste
- Each employee should be conscious of their water usage and should avoid waste
- Low flow toilets and motion-censor faucets are used in our bathrooms
- Minimize our use of dishwashers to reduce unnecessary water consumption
- When technological assets have reached the end of their useful life, they are sent to the IT team for recycling. IT will securely erase all storage mediums in accordance with current industry best practices and contact our recycling company, One Green Planet, for pick up.
- No computer equipment is disposed in landfills. We sell or recycle old equipment
- All batteries are disposed of at designated on-site battery recycling station and batteries are shipped to a recycling vendor for proper disposal
- Our office is equipped with energy saving lighting controls, energy efficient appliances, and programmable thermostats used moderately
- An annual energy audit is performed by a PSE approved contractor for the purpose of measuring improvements in energy consumption and gaining insight into potential energy saving policies